[scribus] Idiot wants to build 1.5.0 from source

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Wed Jun 22 09:57:07 UTC 2011

> So apparently QtWebKit was not installed. I tried installing it, but got
> a "no such package" error message. I tried appending -devel, and making
> it all lowercase with and without -devel, but the package was still not
> available. Finally, acting on a hunch, I opened Yumex and searched on
> "qt." This yielded qt-webkit-devel, which I installed. Afterwards the
> -DCMAKE line executed without error. Note to cmake: Computers are
> literal: Give me the correct name of the package.

Yes, the hard part is to find out what the devel packages are called
in the distribution you use. Most often you can not just type the
library name but you need to search in the package repository.

Running Debian I usually search in http://packages.debian.org, I'm not
sure if other distributions have similar pages.

/Peter