[scribus] Idiot wants to build 1.5.0 from source

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Jun 20 20:46:40 UTC 2011

On Monday, June 20, 2011 12:02:53 pm Gregory Pittman wrote:

> we hashed through this a little while ago in a different
context, but
> the only way you are going to make this script run is as
root, and
> probably not a good idea to be root when you don't
absolutely need to be.

The script runs overnight using the cron facility. Cron
runs as root.

I have another script which updates 1.4.0 overnight. I call
the rsulting executable scrib4.  Currently it yields 1.4.0
RC 5. You might want to do somethng like this instead of
waiting for Fedora to update. It might be a long wait.

--
John Culleton

"Death Wore Black" Police procedural:
http://www.deathworeblack.com/