[scribus] Save Not Setting Saved Status

Mike Sleger chappa-ai at q.com
Tue Jun 14 23:49:41 UTC 2011

On Jun 14, 2011, at 1:05 PM, JLuc wrote:

> There are sOOOOooooo many actions that change the doc... and ALL might not rise the flag.

That is a problem.  Anything that changes the document must unconditionally raise the flag.

> So the danger is to believe that the doc has not changed, and to let the user lieve without saving,
> when it actualy has changed, unoticed by this flag.

I would propose that if a user cared enough about their document, they would be saving their changes prior to closing the document or application.  (I save like punctuation as I type.)  Although a low priority (I'm not expecting anybody to drop everything and fix it now), the dialog does communicate FALSE information:  stating a document is not saved, when in fact it is.  At work, we often say "no information is better than wrong information"...