[scribus] Save Not Setting Saved Status

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Jun 14 19:51:24 UTC 2011

On 06/14/2011 10:32 AM, John Ghormley KJ4UFG wrote:
> I am thoroughly confused.  Why would not a text search through the entire
> code base reveal ALL references to the flag in question?  In order to be set
> or unset it has to have the same name every time it is manipulated.   This
> is not really rocket science, is it?

I haven't done any programming in years.  However, back in the ancient
days of the Second Millennium, it was possible to set the debugger to
let you know each time a specified variable's value changed.  And, it
was also possible to have it stop whenever a specified function was
entered.  Assuming that current debuggers are at least as good as the
ones I used, you should be able to find out if the change flag is
properly set when you save the file and if the value changes between
that time and the time you try to exit, even if you haven't made any
changes.  Then, when the debugger halts at the checkpoint inside the
exit function, you can make sure that the value is correct, have it
continue to a second checkpoint right before it asks you to save the
file again and see why it's either not checking the flag or Doing The
Wrong Thing.  Once you know that, it should be relatively easy to
correct whatever's wrong.  Yes, doing this will take time, and time is a
valuable, limited resource, but what needs to be done can't be rocket
surgery if somebody who's not programmed in well over a decade can work
out in general terms how to do it.