[scribus] Why Can't Scribus See My Fonts?

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Jun 11 12:51:00 UTC 2011

On Saturday, June 11, 2011 02:20:08 am a.l.e wrote:
> hi mike
>
> > Well, adding the vault path to Scribus additional font paths makes
> > ALL fonts in the vault (thousands of them) show up in the Scribus
> > fonts menu, whether they're installed or not.  This is a bit overkill
> > to have fonts managed by an independent manager available to
> > Scribus.  I think there's a problem in the methodology of how Scribus
> > detects installed fonts.
>
> this where non programmers can really give a hand in the scribus
> development!
>
> test it throughly, tells us about what you have found and how it could be
> improved...
>
> or find out the way it is done correctly and write a blog article / a
wiki
> page or simply an email post about how to do it right :-)
>
> (personally, i don't work with mac and many fonts, so i can't really help
> here...)
>

> ciao
> a.l.e

> edit your options.
>
> Scribus Forums are available at http://forums.scribus.net
>
> Notice: Scribus mailing lists were migrated to a new host and now reside
at
> lists.scribus.net, so a new list address scribus at lists.scribus.net has to
> be used.

The problem I see is that once fonts are detected they are all included in
the available fonts. Is there a way, short of deleting the fonts from the
system one by  one, to eliminate from the font viewer all the non-European
fonts?
--
John Culleton

"Death Wore Black" Police procedural: http://www.deathworeblack.com/