[scribus] Why Can't Scribus See My Fonts?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Jun 11 06:20:08 UTC 2011

hi mike

> Well, adding the vault path to Scribus additional font paths makes
> ALL fonts in the vault (thousands of them) show up in the Scribus
> fonts menu, whether they're installed or not.  This is a bit overkill
> to have fonts managed by an independent manager available to
> Scribus.  I think there's a problem in the methodology of how Scribus
> detects installed fonts.

this where non programmers can really give a hand in the scribus development!

test it throughly, tells us about what you have found and how it could be improved...

or find out the way it is done correctly and write a blog article / a wiki page or simply an email post about how to do it right :-)

(personally, i don't work with mac and many fonts, so i can't really help here...)

ciao
a.l.e