[scribus] 600 dpi

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jun 7 21:51:36 UTC 2011

hi ted,

> On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 03:19:42PM -0400, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> > [...]
> > DPI and PPI only have any sense related to some output device, like
> > a printer for the former, and monitor for the latter. I know some
> > image formats can save at some DPI/PPI, but by default Scribus
> > seems to bring in images at 72 PPI, and in the end what you have is
> > some number of datapoints per horizontal line of the image, and a
> > certain number of horizontal lines in the image what comes out in
> > the output device has to do with some mathematical creation.
>
> ImageMagick will let you store pixels-per-inch information in the
> metadata of an image (-density {width}x{height}), but I've found that
> Scribus (scribus-1.3.9-1.fc13.i686) ignores it and assumes 72x72.
> Fortunately, having Scribus shrink the rather large imported image
> down to my intended size did raise the resolution.

may i ask you, where you get the feeling that scribus would ignore the density?

i have not tested it with imagemagick and scribus 1.3.9...

but with gimp i can set a resolution and it is correctly used in scribus 1.4RC* (the current development version)...

can you please test it with scribus 1.4 and if still happens, please fill a bug report?

ciao
a.l.e