[scribus] 600 dpi

Ted Powell ted at psg.com
Tue Jun 7 20:39:58 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 03:19:42PM -0400, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> [...]
> DPI and PPI only have any sense related to some output device, like a
> printer for the former, and monitor for the latter. I know some image
> formats can save at some DPI/PPI, but by default Scribus seems to bring
> in images at 72 PPI, and in the end what you have is some number of
> datapoints per horizontal line of the image, and a certain number of
> horizontal lines in the image what comes out in the output device has to
> do with some mathematical creation.

ImageMagick will let you store pixels-per-inch information in the metadata
of an image (-density {width}x{height}), but I've found that Scribus
(scribus-1.3.9-1.fc13.i686) ignores it and assumes 72x72.  Fortunately,
having Scribus shrink the rather large imported image down to my intended
size did raise the resolution.

--
Ted Powell <ted at psg.com>   http://psg.com/~ted/
The best way to get to know a system is to tinker with it. --leb