[scribus] getting tiffs

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Jun 6 22:05:29 UTC 2011

hi

> still trying to solve the tiff prob...all tiffs i am using are 24
> bit, no variation. Have uploaded some sample tiffs at:
> http://www.filesonic.com/file/1145226294/will_load.tif
> http://www.filesonic.com/file/1145226334/wont_load_(1).tif Hopefully
> will be useful!! Thanks

the image loads correctly here...

not too much RAM (well, enough of it, but not so much), not a fast CPU either...

but, well, some sort of linux and a distribution + window manager which leave all the process power for the applications needing it.
(ok, i have admit that i was looking a film in a flash application and gimp was also open...)

we have had some issues with people failing to load big images in windows... i wonder if scribus has a problem there...

... or if it would be easier if people started to switch to linux because it's simply better... at least for loading big images into scribus...

can anybody using windows also try to load the image?

and, you, do you really need such a big image?

ciao
a.l.e