[scribus] Really basic questions

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Jan 29 19:58:41 CET 2011

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 21:04:13 -0700
Ken Springer <romanemporer at dishmail.net> dijo:

>I hadn't thought about doing that, as I hadn't stumbled onto that
>ability in Scribus.  I'll remember it, though.
>
>I was also having so much trouble getting the text to do what I
>wanted, I finally gave up and did it in Open Office.  And I needed to
>get it done, I was running out of time.  In 30 minutes I had the
>layout I wanted.  Kept changing colors and editing text, but I would
>have done that with Scribus too.
>
>Hopefully, when I get a couple more projects done, I can come back and
>try to finish it.

Your post showed up between 8:30 PST (when I last checked e-mail) and
just now, 10:50 PST.

And welcome to Scribus! Hopefully eventually you'll learn how to do
things and be able to use it to better advantage than OOo. I can also
suggest that there is a new manual just out by Cédric Gémy, "Scribus
1.3.5 Beginner's Guide" that is less expensive and covers the latest
version.