[scribus] Really basic questions

Ken Springer snowshed at dishmail.net
Sun Jan 30 06:06:18 CET 2011

Thanks for the welcome to Scribus.

I do know about the manual for 1.3.5.  I haven't bought it yet, trying to
catch up with some bills at the moment, and reverse the current cash flow
situation!   LOL

If I find Scribus becoming more important and useful to me, I'll certainly
buy the book.  I am a sucker for books, and rarely go into a bookstore with
out leaving with something.  Used books are my real downfall!  :)

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 11:58 AM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net>wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 21:04:13 -0700
> Ken Springer <romanemporer at dishmail.net> dijo:
>
> >I hadn't thought about doing that, as I hadn't stumbled onto that
> >ability in Scribus.  I'll remember it, though.
> >
> >I was also having so much trouble getting the text to do what I
> >wanted, I finally gave up and did it in Open Office.  And I needed to
> >get it done, I was running out of time.  In 30 minutes I had the
> >layout I wanted.  Kept changing colors and editing text, but I would
> >have done that with Scribus too.
> >
> >Hopefully, when I get a couple more projects done, I can come back and
> >try to finish it.
>
> Your post showed up between 8:30 PST (when I last checked e-mail) and
> just now, 10:50 PST.
>
> And welcome to Scribus! Hopefully eventually you'll learn how to do
> things and be able to use it to better advantage than OOo. I can also
> suggest that there is a new manual just out by Cédric Gémy, "Scribus
> 1.3.5 Beginner's Guide" that is less expensive and covers the latest
> version.

Ken Springer

"All progress depends upon the unreasonable person."
George Bernard Shaw

Cheap prices make for cheap goods; cheap goods make for
cheap men; and cheap men make for a cheap country!"
President William McKinley

http://www.greeleynet.com/~wordwork/airpage.htm