[scribus] Text in frame and Properties > Text dialog

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Jan 29 17:19:30 CET 2011

On 01/29/2011 08:02 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> I would concur with John, that the Story Editor has its uses. As long as
> you do not need WYSIWYG, it is very convenient for adding/editing
> material from the keyboard. I find navigating the frame in Edit Contents
> mode sluggish. Also, in SE, you can edit the text in one place for a
> whole set of linked frames.

For my newsletter, I apply styles to specific paragraphs after the
text's been slurped into Scribus.  There was a time, years ago, when I
did it by highlighting each separate paragraph in the frame, going to
Properties and selecting the appropriate style.  It was, needless to
say, a royal PITA.  Now, I bring up the text in the story editor, click
on the paragraph in the sidebar on the left and select the style from
the drop-down box that pops up.  And, highlighting text to apply
italics, bold or whatever is much, much simpler because the story
editor's far more responsive than doing it in the frame.  It used to
take me at least fifteen minutes to format two pages of text; now, it's
about three, if that much.