[scribus] Text in frame and Properties > Text dialog

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 17:02:03 CET 2011

On 01/29/2011 10:42 AM, John Culleton wrote:
> On Saturday 29 January 2011 04:48:59 a.l.e wrote:
>> hi barry
>
>> for a "normal" workflow -- and starting with 1.3.9/1.4 -- i would
>> not suggest to use the story editor.
>

>> ciao
>> a.l.e
>
> I know you are not fond of the story editor, and with the elimination
> of the direct access path to the style editor it is indeed less useful
> than before. But other than this regression what do you have against
> the story editor? I like it, am used to it, and will continue to use
> it as long as it is available.  I quote from the manual:
> "The Story Editor is the easiest way to enter text directly from the
> keyboard." (3.10.3.1)

This is great. Now we're getting references to the manual like Biblical
quotes! :D

I would concur with John, that the Story Editor has its uses. As long as
you do not need WYSIWYG, it is very convenient for adding/editing
material from the keyboard. I find navigating the frame in Edit Contents
mode sluggish. Also, in SE, you can edit the text in one place for a
whole set of linked frames.

The main thing is to understand the limitations of each method.

Greg