[scribus] Error with pdftops

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jan 18 09:36:40 CET 2011

hi ian,

> > Error: Could not parse ligature component "gaf" of "arabic_gaf_bar"
> > in parseCharName Error: Could not parse ligature component "arabic"
> > of "arabic_dot" in parseCharName Error: Could not parse ligature
> > component "dot" of "arabic_dot" in parseCharName Error: Could not
> > parse ligature component "arabic" of "arabic_2dots" in
> > parseCharName Error: Could not parse ligature component "2dots" of
> > "arabic_2dots" in parseCharName Error: Could not parse ligature
> > component "arabic" of "arabic_3dots" in parseCharName Error: Could
> > not parse ligature component "3dots" of "arabic_3dots" in
> > parseCharName Error: Could not parse ligature component "arabic" of
> > "arabic_3dots_a" in parseCharNam
> >
> > Anyone got any idea what is going on please???
> >
> > Thanks
>  Just had another idea today.... I copied the pdf file from Scribus to
>  my second machine that is running Mint 9 KDE. So a "different" OpSys
>  on a different machine. I then ran the pdftops command there and got
>  exactly the same errors!!
>
>  So it has to be something to do with the pdf file itself!!

you also have been told, that the problem may be in the font...

and the font is (hopefully) embedded in the pdf...

so, you have to change the font  before creating the pdf... sharing the
.sla, pdf and font file may be an option. you can put them in a bug
report and mark it as private (that way only the devs can see it)

ciao
a.l.e