[scribus] Error with pdftops

Ian "Witty" Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Mon Jan 17 18:39:44 CET 2011

> On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:25:40 +0200
> Ian "Witty" Whitfield wrote:
>
> >  Anyone got any idea what is going on please???

Thanks to all who have answered this time...

In reply.

_To John_ - I get the Forum posts here in a 'Daily Format' and each one
has a Volume and Issue No with it so the one that this reply comes in
should be Vol 34 No 62. The Vol 34, No 51 was on 14th January. My
Journal came out fine and is perfect as far as I can see. I just can't
compress it as I did before!!

_To Gregory_ - i have no Arabic fonts at all, it's all English!! (I also
noted that in the error message. The 2 dots, 4 dots etc is also puzzling.)

_To Frank_ - I'm using straight MS Core fonts plus Bitstream Charter.
Same as I've always used!! No 'cheap' fonts here at all. Just what comes
with Kubuntu plus MS Core Fonts!

I'm still concerned that I get the same error on two different machines
.... the only common point between them is the pdf file itself!!!???

Thanks all for the input

Ian Whitfield