[scribus] WTactis and Scribus struggle

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Jan 12 19:19:11 CET 2011

hi

> > > 5. PNG exports with white background. We need transparency, not
> >
> > you might try to write a feature request for PNGs with transparent
> > background.
> > it's probably easy to change the current export code to (also)
> > produce PNGs with transparent background.
> >

> I will do that as soon as I will sort out all other no-go obstacles.

this is not good citizenship... you want something? ask for it!

don't just wine that you're not getting it.

and -- in this project -- the right form to ask for something is to fill a bug / feature request. (maybe after having asked in here on the irc channel: you have asked in both, now it's your turn for the next step).

> > have you ever thought of writing a bug report for it?
> >

> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=9440
> Its pretty old.

what 3 months is pretty old? in the last month we have seen bugs getting fixed, which were 5 years old!

if you go though the notes under the bug report, you will see that the developers didn't understand what you meant at that time... maybe, now they understand...

you may try to revamp the bug report by putting a new note in there, asking if the devs have now understood what the problem is... or trying to give some further explanation (with better examples) on the matter...

ciao
a.l.e