[scribus] install failed

Jouni Filip Maho jofimaho at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 00:31:48 CET 2011

On 5 January 2011, at 21:29, John Culleton wrote:

> On Wednesday 05 January 2011 03:42:23 Jouni Filip Maho wrote:
>>
>> I meant 1.3.1.
>
> Do you really mean 1.3.1? The soon-to-be-obsoleted "stable" version is
> 1.3.3.14. That's 14 different sub versions of 1.3.3. Version 1.3.4 was
> an early attempt using the new sla format that was quickly obsoleted.
> 1.3.5 is still pretty old. 1.3.9 is what many people use. 1.4.0 should
> be the official stable release in about a month.

Yes, when I open scribus and look up the version numer, it says 1.3.1.

I also did "fink list scribus" at the terminal and got:

	Information about 5148 packages read in 5 seconds.
	 i   scribus          1.3.1-1002   Layout program
	     scribus-aqua     1.3.2-11     Layout program
	     scribus-i18n-en  1.0-1        English documentation for scribus

Which is also what it said prior to installation.

> It might pay to equip yourself with the necessary software to compile
> new releases as they are announced. But that also means downloading
> the libraries, particularly the current Qt, required by the version
> you are compiling.

I manually installed Qt 4.7.1 from the Nokia site. However, during
the scribus installation, fink installed Qt 3.3.6, which is the one
listed under "About Qt" now.

---
jofimaho