[scribus] install failed

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Jan 6 07:58:43 CET 2011

hi juoni filip,

> Yes, when I open scribus and look up the version numer, it says 1.3.1.
>
> I also did "fink list scribus" at the terminal and got:
>
> 	Information about 5148 packages read in 5 seconds.
> 	 i   scribus          1.3.1-1002   Layout program
> 	     scribus-aqua     1.3.2-11     Layout program
> 	     scribus-i18n-en  1.0-1        English documentation for
> scribus
>
> Which is also what it said prior to installation.

here you probably only see the binary packages. you will have to find the parameters which you also show the source based ones (or use fink-commander, which you said you have installed, and it will show you both versions).

> > It might pay to equip yourself with the necessary software to
> > compile new releases as they are announced. But that also means
> > downloading the libraries, particularly the current Qt, required by
> > the version you are compiling.
>
> I manually installed Qt 4.7.1 from the Nokia site. However, during
> the scribus installation, fink installed Qt 3.3.6, which is the one
> listed under "About Qt" now.

you don't need anything except fink (and maybe x code). it will pull all the dependencies automatically.

if you want some further help, you may come to the #scribus irc channel on irc.freenode.net at office hours CET (9:00-16:00 to be sure; excluding midday)... if you're patient enough and can wait for me having some time, i can help you debug this.

ciao
a.l.e