[scribus] Center selected frame after zoom

Margaret and George McIntosh tenbear at myfairpoint.net
Sat Jan 1 18:00:35 CET 2011

I put in a feature request (#9581) to center the selected frame after zooming in. I
often zoom in to a frame after selecting it. I usually have to recenter the frame on the
screen and often it has even gone off screen and I have to find it. I think it would be a
useful feature.

I was surprised that a note was added to the request: "Can't agree. Imagine you have
to align something precisely near one side of selected frame and need to zoom to
ratio at which center does not fit screen."
It seems to me that this would occur far less than what I described and could be re-
placed on the screen after zooming, or better yet, use the X Y coordinates for
alignment.
I was wondering what the general consensus is, auto-center after zooming or not?
Maybe make it optional in the document settings.
George