[scribus] Center selected frame after zoom

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 2 03:05:07 CET 2011

On 01/01/2011 12:00 PM, Margaret and George McIntosh wrote:
> I put in a feature request (#9581) to center the selected frame after zooming in. I
> often zoom in to a frame after selecting it. I usually have to recenter the frame on the
> screen and often it has even gone off screen and I have to find it. I think it would be a
> useful feature.
>
> I was surprised that a note was added to the request: "Can't agree. Imagine you have
> to align something precisely near one side of selected frame and need to zoom to
> ratio at which center does not fit screen."
> It seems to me that this would occur far less than what I described and could be re-
> placed on the screen after zooming, or better yet, use the X Y coordinates for
> alignment.
> I was wondering what the general consensus is, auto-center after zooming or not?
> Maybe make it optional in the document settings.
> George

At one point I had the impression that a selected frame was centered on
zooming, but either that was delusional or it's a lost feature.

I think that some kind of augmented centering would be useful.

One might consider either having a menu item/keystroke to use to center
a selected object, or perhaps just being able to grab the page with the
mouse and move it would not only be as good, but perhaps even better.

Greg