[scribus] Diverse Font Issues

Martin Kempf baubiologie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 17:18:42 CET 2011

Bonjour Hirwen,

Thanks for your answer.
I did not understand everything (the .notdef part surtout), my english
is "scolaire" (German school, not french school... :-)  ) and not trained...

I think that the problem is in the Font, as you say, the wrong place in
the code list.
But when I print it, it is invisible, leaving just a space behind...
which is not the case in 1.3.3.14

I already asked once for this problem when the first versions of 1.3.4
came out, but had no answer. So I sticked with my scribus (portable)
1.3.3.8 to 1.3.3.14...
This problem of the Lshash apearing at the end of the line, and the
space in the pdf, only apears in the post 1.3.3.14 versions of Scribus.
So there ist perhaps something changed in new branch of scribus which
could make understand what is going wrong?
So I can use Ogirema with 1.3.3.14 correctly, but not in every version
after 1.3.3.14.

The second problem is also due to use of 1.3.3.14. Some fonts are forced
"jeu partiel" and I cannot uncheck them. But in 1.4.0 I can uncheck
them! And due to the Ogirema problem, I only can use 1.3.3.14...
I need searchable PDF files, and when the font is outlined, the text is
not searchable or copiable in the PDF.

Voilà, à la longue j'aimerais créer mes propres polices... mais le
chemin est encore long pour apprendre.

Martin