[scribus] Using BBS instead

William F. Maddock billsey at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 23 01:33:06 CET 2011

It's not just you.

I prefer the mailing list format for this group. First off, almost everyone gets an email account as part of their Internet access account without having to pay more for it (and each of us can moderate our own email account(s) to our own heart's content). With a forum, somebody has to own secure, and maintain a website (which is neither easy, nor free), and individual users do not have the democracy of moderating what gets into their access and what does not. If you want into the forum you have to trust that someone serving as a moderator has at least minimally similar ideas with you as to what is allowable and/or appropriate (which always results in spats, bans, and other such unpleasantnesses).