[scribus] Using BBS instead

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 17:04:29 CET 2011

On 2/23/11, Jan Schrewe wrote:

> I believe the user experience in a forum is usually bad. There is the
> problem of a bad interface that a user normally can't change.

Are you referring to some specific forum engines? Some specific forum themes?

> The other thing about forums is that you have to actively do something to
> follow what's going on  (going to a site, hitting reload every couple mnutes
> to see if anything new happened).

You absolutely don't have to do that. Every decent forum CMS has
thread subscriptions so that you are pinged in the mailbox if
something happens. Some even go as far as providing per-section and
per-thread RSS feeds.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org