[scribus] Need Arial, Times New Roman Font "equivalents" to look/print nice in PDF

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 21 20:25:37 CET 2011

On John Mon, 21 Feb 2011 13:17:59 -0500,
John Culleton wrote:

> On Monday 21 February 2011 12:52:35 Rob Oakes wrote:
> > Hi Drw,
> >

> > I personally don't care for either Arial or Times New Roman. I
> > think they are significantly overused.

[snip]

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Rob Oakes
>
> I agree.

[snip]

> Second, because Times is the default for
> MSWord it is easily recognizable as the product of an amateur
> typographer. So I suggest something outside the Microsoft Windows
> collection, such as Bitstream Charter, Minion, Adobe Garamond or
> Sabon.
> --
> John Culleton

That is a reason not to use a font? Because the commoners use it?

I would think that the work of an amateur typographer will look
amateurish whichever font he uses. Similarly, I would expect the
work of the professional to look professional regardless.

Regards,
Alias John Brown.