[scribus] 1.4.0 RC1

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Feb 19 02:35:56 CET 2011

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:29:23 -0800
Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> dijo:

>On 02/18/2011 04:18 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>> It is while it is checking the repos that it
>> bitches. At that point I just click on OK and it continues.
>>

>Interesting.  I use Fedora and yumex (a GUI front end for the yum
>software manager) for keeping my system updated.  (I find that
>Fedora's Update Manager isn't reliable, but that's beside the point.)
>If it needs a key, it asks if I want to add it.  I always click on
>Yes, and never had any problems.  No idea what would happen if I
>didn't accept the key, but I've never seen a reason to find out.  I
>wonder why Ubuntu doesn't give you that option.

My main computer is my laptop, which has Fedora 14, x86_64. From past
experience Fedora leaves the latest versions of Scribus in testing for
weeks sometimes. There is a command line way to enable the testing repo
for just one installation, but I can't remember the syntax. It's "yum
install <testing-something> scribus," or something like that.