[scribus] 1.4.0 RC1

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Feb 19 03:05:03 CET 2011

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 17:35:56 -0800
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

>My main computer is my laptop, which has Fedora 14, x86_64. From past
>experience Fedora leaves the latest versions of Scribus in testing for
>weeks sometimes. There is a command line way to enable the testing repo
>for just one installation, but I can't remember the syntax. It's "yum
>install <testing-something> scribus," or something like that.

I finally found it. The syntax is "yum --enablerepo=updates-testing
install scribus." But apparently 1.4.0 RC1 isn't in updates-testing yet:

# yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install scribus
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
updates-testing/metalink
|  15 kB     00:00
updates-testing
| 4.7 kB     00:00
updates-testing/primary_db
| 881 kB     00:01 Setting up Install Process Package
scribus-1.3.9-1.fc14.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

I'd like to test the FontSample script with 1.4.0 RC1 on Fedora 14 to
see if it acts the same as it does on Ubuntu. Otherwise, I'm in no
hurry.