[scribus] 1.4.0 RC1

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Feb 19 01:18:21 CET 2011

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:29:03 -0500
John Ghormley KJ4UFG <kj4ufg at sera.org> dijo:

>> >Mine (which has worked until now) is:
>> >
>> >     http://debian.scribus.net/debian/ maverick main
>> >
>> >Have you the same or different?
>>
>> I think I have the same, except it says "lucid" instead of
>> "maverick." However, I can't do much with the computer at the moment
>> because the CPUs are bogged down running the FontSample script. It's
>> been running for nearly three hours and is at 83%.
>>
>> I recall when I did the update the Update Manager bitched about not
>> having the right key. It always does that, and I always ignore it,
>> and it always still works. Silly computer.

>How did you get the Ubuntu system to ignore the invalid key.  Mine
>never will let me get past the "does not support change logs"
>notification.  There seems to be plenty about Ubuntu that I do not
>understand.  LOL  Sure, would like to try the RC1, however.

It did not bitch until after it finished the update. After it downloads
and installs the updates it goes back to the repos to check for other
updates. It does this just before it announces that all is well and you
can close Update Manager. It is while it is checking the repos that it
bitches. At that point I just click on OK and it continues.

I think it's just the key that is missing. I could add it, but I'm too
lazy to bother. If it ain't broke enough to get in my way, to heck with
it.