[scribus] 1.4.0 RC1

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Fri Feb 18 22:29:03 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 2:16 PM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net>wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 12:11:41 -0500
> John Ghormley KJ4UFG <kj4ufg at sera.org> dijo:
>
> >I am running 10.04 Maverick and got the notice of RC1, also.
> >However,  when I try to upgrade, I am told it is coming from a server
> >that does not support changelogs.  How were you able to get the
> >upgrade?  Maybe you have a different line in the Update Manager ->
> >Settings -> Other Software dialog than I do.
> >
> >Mine (which has worked until now) is:
> >
> >     http://debian.scribus.net/debian/ maverick main
> >
> >Have you the same or different?
>
> I think I have the same, except it says "lucid" instead of "maverick."
> However, I can't do much with the computer at the moment because the
> CPUs are bogged down running the FontSample script. It's been running
> for nearly three hours and is at 83%.
>
> I recall when I did the update the Update Manager bitched about not
> having the right key. It always does that, and I always ignore it, and
> it always still works. Silly computer.

John,
How did you get the Ubuntu system to ignore the invalid key.  Mine never
will let me get past the "does not support change logs" notification.  There
seems to be plenty about Ubuntu that I do not understand.  LOL  Sure, would
like to try the RC1, however.
--
John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
Editor, SERA *Repeater Journal*