[scribus] Using Scribus to make booklet with all twitter post in a conf using RSS file.

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Feb 15 17:43:43 CET 2011

hi pascal,

> I will animate a conf to explain how to use Scribus, Gimp and  Inkscape in a
> classroom with studient to make a news paper (look here :  Atelier 108 - Des
> outils libres pour la création d'un journal
> !<http://colloque.aquops.qc.ca/cgi-bin/WebObjects/colloque.woa/wo/0.1.29.1.0.7.0.8>
> )
>
> In my conf, I will ask everyone to use twitter to make comments, ask
> questions, etc.
>
> I would like to use Scribus and his hability to script to take RSS file and
> make a booklet of all this posts...
>
> It's possible ?

certainly!

the best way is probably to parse the rss file in a python script which
runs inside of scribus and let it fill (and create) the frames as needed.

if you prepare it well, you may even be able to create the file
dynamically at the end of the session, print the pdf and distribute the
booklet right after the conference!

ciao
a.l.e