[scribus] Using Scribus to make booklet with all twitter post in a conf using RSS file.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Feb 15 15:55:20 CET 2011

On Tuesday 15 February 2011 05:53:47 Pascal Lapalme wrote:
> Well hi everyone,
>
> I will animate a conf to explain how to use Scribus, Gimp and
> Inkscape in a classroom with studient to make a news paper (look
> here :  Atelier 108 - Des outils libres pour la création d'un
> journal
> !<http://colloque.aquops.qc.ca/cgi-bin/WebObjects/colloque.woa/wo/0
>.1.29.1.0.7.0.8> )
>
> In my conf, I will ask everyone to use twitter to make comments,
> ask questions, etc.
>
> I would like to use Scribus and his hability to script to take RSS
> file and make a booklet of all this posts...
>
> It's possible ?
>
> How can I make it or where do I begin my search in the doc ?
>
> Thanks

If the RSS file is text only, no illustrations, then you can convert it
to plain text somehow. Then you can either import it directly into
Scribus or else use Open Office Writer as an intermediate step.

Worst case you can display the RSS on the screen and cut and paste the
text into an empty Scribus book with a series of linked text frames,
one per page.  See the manual and the wiki for details. The help
facility of Scribus gives access to a manual.

You begin by describing the Scribus file on the first screen that
appears as having x number of pages and with linked text frames.
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus: