[scribus] OO styles (from ODT) once again

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 15:08:30 CET 2011

On 02/02/2011 08:30 AM, Sveinn í Felli wrote:
> Þann mið 2.feb 2011 13:18, skrifaði Cezary Grabski:
>>> It is a feature.
>>>
>>> Perhaps save your odt file as text then import the text?
>>>

>> No... It not solving my problem as I will lost bolds, italics etc
>> this "feature" is maybe usable if you work with one ODT document, but
>> in my
>> case I import itno Scribus doc many (more than 20) ODT files. After
>> that I
>> have aprox 30-40 additional styles!
>>
>> I must try to add feature for omit styles from ODT file.
>>
>> cezaryece
>>

> My poor memory recalls a similar subject not very long time ago, I think
> the solution was to use custom styles in OOo/LibO to make the italics
> and bold. That is you make a style *bold* and another /italics/ -
> Scribus imports all the ODT styles, you throw away all those except your
> bold/italics styles.

some minimal testing in which I created no styles only produced an
equivalent of the default style from oowriter.
You might check in oowriter under Format > Styles and Formatting to see
what styles you have applied. If you haven't applied any, they shouldn't
end up being created by Scribus.

As Sveinn suggests, if you don't use styles to make bold and italics
character style changes, you shouldn't get exported styles to Scribus.

Greg