[scribus] OO styles (from ODT) once again

Cezary Grabski czarek at oferuje.pl
Wed Feb 2 15:42:29 CET 2011

> if you don't use styles to make bold and italics
> character style changes, you shouldn't get exported styles to Scribus.

As Ale wrote... people use various style "features" and text formating (like
right or center aligment with spaces and tabs, indentation with spaces or/and
tabs or style or direct formating). Their imagination is very big about this.
So... I got many ODT files from many sources with many formating hacks.
Yes, I can clean this all "features" in OOWriter.
But... If Scribus will do this for me it saves lot of my time.

I would like to make import text with cleaning all anwanted formating and
"hacking". I am starting with anwanted styles...

In the future I plan add
- removing multiply spaces
- removing spaces and tabs at beginning and end of paragraphs
- apply ShortWords and AutoQuote automatically
- replace "black" colors with pure CMYK Black (with option for apply pure CMYK
Black for all text, even for colored with other non-black colors)

BTW: I am looking into ODT importer code and it seems to be too comlicated for
me and very hard to understand and find where styles from ODT are added into
Scribus... Any help?

cezaryece