[scribus] Bleed

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Wed Feb 2 10:42:52 CET 2011

>> If the imposition is done with compensation for creep, part of the
>> duplicated region might show on the printed sheet, but will be mostly
>> hidden by the binding.

> It won't if the binding is 'stitched' rather than 'perfect', because
> there's no 'hidden' region.

Yes it will, because the thickness of the paper and the folding makes
it hard to unfold the signature completely.

But we are talking about tenths of milimeters here (creed adjustment
usually isn't bigger than that) so it won't be noticeable.

You can try for yourself. Fold and stitch two sheets. Open the spread
with pages 2 and 3, spray a thin layer of paint onto the sheets. Let
dry. The open the spread with pages 7 and 6 and repeat. Remove the
stitching and you will surely find a very thin white line in the
middle of the sheets.

/Peter