[scribus] reducing PDF size

Christen christenanderson1994 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 22:00:29 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I know this is a topic that has been discussed many times on the mailing
list/forum, but I have been unable to find a simple solution. I design a
newsletter, and am trying to convert it from a printed publication to an
e-newsletter, to be emailed out. However, as you all know, the size of a
Scribus-generated PDF is huge - much too large to be emailed. I looked on
the wiki and found the "reduce pdf size" script, but the two scripts given
were for Mac and Linux - I'm running Win Vista 32-bit. I also found a "web
optimized pdf" perl script that would probably achieve the desired
results.but the problem is, both of these scripts seem rather complicated.
I'm primarily a designer, with almost no experience in programming. The
scripts look a little intimidating. So I was wondering - is there an easier
way to reduce the pdf size in Windows? Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated

TIA,

Christen