[scribus] problem importing another scribus file

john Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Aug 22 01:02:04 UTC 2011

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 12:28:59 -0500
Adrienne Carmack <adrienne.carmack at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to import the different components of the book into one
> file. However, when I do the import, only the text on the first page
> is showing. The other pages are coming in blank. How can I get the
> entire document to show up in the new file?
>
> Thanks!
> Adrienne
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

If you reduce the incoming document to text format, and if you string
together enough linked text frames in the Scribus document,  you can
then insert the entire text document. But if you try to import several
pages of pdf that won't work.

The MSWord custom of composing each chapter separately, then bringing
them together in one master document, does not work in Scribus, unless
you bring them in as text. Even then it is better to concatenate the
chapters outside the Scribus doc as described above.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press