[scribus] text frame border

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Aug 19 18:52:26 UTC 2011

hi christen,

> Let me start by saying that I'm not sure if this a feature that
> Scribus already has and which I have overlooked, or if this is
> something which could be developed in the next version, or if it is
> even feasible.
>
> When I put a border around a text box, is it possible to tell Scribus
> to only put the border on, say, two of the sides rather than all
> four? I realize this can be done by making a separate object (a.k.a.
> line) for each side that I want bordered. However, this seems rather
> time-consuming, and definitely a bit non-intuitive - aside from the
> fact that it creates extra objects on the page to clutter things up.
> I was just wondering if perhaps this could be implemented in Scribus,
> or if there is an easier workaround.

i don't know why scribus can't do it... probably just because most of the time it won't give you a good graphical result?

however, there is a workaround: create a table of 1x1 cells and set its border as you prefer (you will have to select the cell with an alt-click... i hope your window manager is not capturing the shortcut...)

another way is to put lines around and group the lines and the text field it won't resize but you can still edit the text without ungrouping (as usual if alt click is not captured by the WM... or by using the outline palette)

ciao
a.l.e