[scribus] text frame border

Christen christenanderson1994 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 18:22:45 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Let me start by saying that I'm not sure if this a feature that Scribus
already has and which I have overlooked, or if this is something which could
be developed in the next version, or if it is even feasible.

When I put a border around a text box, is it possible to tell Scribus to
only put the border on, say, two of the sides rather than all four? I
realize this can be done by making a separate object (a.k.a. line) for each
side that I want bordered. However, this seems rather time-consuming, and
definitely a bit non-intuitive - aside from the fact that it creates extra
objects on the page to clutter things up. I was just wondering if perhaps
this could be implemented in Scribus, or if there is an easier workaround.

TIA,

Christen