[scribus] shadycharacters.co.uk

Barry McKenna bmcken at pobox.com
Wed Aug 10 21:31:41 UTC 2011

Andreas,

Thanks for the link to shadycharacters: It's just astounding that his
post on the pilcrow drew so many comments, which likely means that
there are more than just a small few who are concerned about the
'roots' of the 'trees' in our forest. I had just acquired Maryanne
Wolf's "Proust and the Squid: The Story and Science of the Reading
Brain." Upon learning of the 'ox-turning' I immediately, to my
disappointment, looked in the index, hoping to find a reference
there. Unfortunately not. But thanks to you, I have indeed learned a
few things that may already lend me a heightened perspective on what
she DOES include.

Barry