[scribus] Linking pages containing full page photo in Scribus

bobparham at comcast.net bobparham at comcast.net
Thu Aug 4 17:34:11 UTC 2011

On 8/4/2011 12:14 PM, John Ghormley KJ4UFG wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 11:37 AM, bobparham at comcast.net<
> bobparham at comcast.net>  wrote:

>>> Not quite sure what your question is. You would benefit, of course, from a
>>> Double Sided layout display. You just make an image frame the size of the
>>> page, with/without bleed...
>>>
>>> If you are printing this yourself, you will need to do imposition, if a
>>> commercial printer is doing it, they should be able to handle that.
>>>
>>> Greg
>>>
>>> I have completed three chapters already using Double Sided layout but
>>> these three chapters contain small pictures and I flowed the text around
>>> them. This is a different situation. In my example above I would need to
>>> link text from page 1 to page 2 to page 4. (Skipping page 3 which would
>>> contain the picture.) Would it work better in this example to open the
>>> document in Scribus with three pages, import text from Word into page 1,
>>> link to page 2 and page3 then add a page after page 2 for the picture or
>>> should I handle it differently?
>>>
>> I plan to print and bind a few copies myself and am doing the imposition.
>>
>> Bob*Bob Parham*
>>

> If I understand you, correctly, you are concerned about linking across a
> page that does not contain any text frame to a later page where the text
> link should continue.  If I am correct regarding your concern, you should
> know that Scribus handles this quite nicely.  I often skip 20 - 30 pages
> where other text frames and image frames exist in between when laying out my
> magazine.  Just link the desired frames in the order you want regardless
> what page they are on.  I've even linked backward, though the layout wasn't
> well thought out, but Scribus handled it impeccably.
Thanks for the reassurance, John. I guess I should have tried this
before putting the question
on the list but I try to look ahead for potential problems when I can. I
will be crossing this bridge
in just a few days now and it looks like I'll be OK.

Bob P

--

*Bob Parham*

*People may forget what you did and people may forget what you said but
people will never forget how you made them feel.
*

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")