[scribus] Linking pages containing full page photo in Scribus

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 5 02:10:41 UTC 2011

On 08/04/2011 01:34 PM, bobparham at comcast.net wrote:

>>> I plan to print and bind a few copies myself and am doing the
>>> imposition.
>>>
>>> Bob*Bob Parham*
>>>

>> If I understand you, correctly, you are concerned about linking across a
>> page that does not contain any text frame to a later page where the text
>> link should continue. If I am correct regarding your concern, you should
>> know that Scribus handles this quite nicely. I often skip 20 - 30 pages
>> where other text frames and image frames exist in between when laying
>> out my
>> magazine. Just link the desired frames in the order you want regardless
>> what page they are on. I've even linked backward, though the layout
>> wasn't
>> well thought out, but Scribus handled it impeccably.
> Thanks for the reassurance, John. I guess I should have tried this
> before putting the question
> on the list but I try to look ahead for potential problems when I can. I
> will be crossing this bridge
> in just a few days now and it looks like I'll be OK.

Ok, now I understand.
If you set up your document for automatic text frames, this could be an
issue you would need to work around, but certainly you can break a link,
delete the frame you don't need (or convert to an image frame), then
relink around it. If you make the zoom small it might help this
page-skipping linkage.

As John says, linking is very flexible.

Greg