[scribus] Scribus update required

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Sep 30 12:57:39 CEST 2010

  hi edward,

>> Dear Scribus Team
>>
>> I was very surprised to learn that Scribus doesn't support the
>> creation of a double sided document that folds three ways like MS
>> Publisher - once again this is an area that I have to go back to
>> microsoft for...?
>>
>> When will Scribus support this very basic function?
>>
>> I'm really surprised at this? Soooooo confused?
>>
>> Kind regards - Edward Tagg
>
> How did you learn this incorrect fact?
>
> When talking about three fold, have a look at
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Creating_a_brochure and there are a
> couple there, which one do you want to create?
>
> What did you try? What did you expect? Having never seen Publisher, I
> can't even guess what it does.
>
> It only takes a minute to make your brochure, one way is to
>
> 1. Create a new 2 page landscape document with no margins
> 2. Place guides at the folds
> 3. Mentally number the 6 sections 5,6,1 2,3 4
> 4. Add your text frames and text/ image frames and images/Shapes etc as
> you want.
>
> Then print it I guess
>
> If you do it all the time, save it as a template for future use.

on top of what owen answered: hopefully, scribus won't ever do any
imposition [1] . we need a free application for it and there was some
work around podofo to create one.

DTP is about placing content on a page, not arranging pages for the
printer. and it would be nice if we could keep it that way!

ciao
a.l.e

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imposition