[scribus] Scribus update required

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Thu Sep 30 12:04:38 CEST 2010

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 07:26:58 GMT
"Edward Tagg" <help at scribus.info> wrote:

> Submitted on 09/30/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>    Name: Edward Tagg
>    Email Address: edwardtagg at gmail.com
>    Subject: Scribus update required
>    Message:
> Dear Scribus Team
>
> I was very surprised to learn that Scribus doesn't support the
> creation of a double sided document that folds three ways like MS
> Publisher - once again this is an area that I have to go back to
> microsoft for...?
>
> When will Scribus support this very basic function?
>
> I'm really surprised at this? Soooooo confused?
>
> Kind regards - Edward Tagg
>
>    About your Scribus program:
>      Version: 1.3.3.14
>      Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>      Build Date:
>    Your operating system and CPU:
>      Type: Windows
>      Version: WinXP
>      CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)
>
> The results of this submission may be viewed at:
> http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/565

How did you learn this incorrect fact?

When talking about three fold, have a look at
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Creating_a_brochure and there are a
couple there, which one do you want to create?

What did you try? What did you expect? Having never seen Publisher, I
can't even guess what it does.

It only takes a minute to make your brochure, one way is to

1. Create a new 2 page landscape document with no margins
2. Place guides at the folds
3. Mentally number the 6 sections 5,6,1 2,3 4
4. Add your text frames and text/ image frames and images/Shapes etc as
you want.

Then print it I guess

If you do it all the time, save it as a template for future use.

Owen