[scribus] Page ordering broken for pdf export on 1.3.7 ?

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Sep 29 20:00:22 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 29 September 2010 11:09:56 Julian Haines wrote:
> I have an 8-page newsletter in Scribus 1.3.7 on WinXP which I'm
> trying to export to pdf as a double-side booklet for printing. I've
> done this before using the method here:
> http://documentation.scribus.net/index.php/Booklet_Printing
>
> I have the document set up as before, A4 page size, double-sided,
> right first page. When exporting to pdf I put 8,1,2,7,6,3,4,5 into
> the "Choose Pages" box in the General tab of the Save as PDF diolog
> box. Unfortunately the pdf is generated with the pages in the
> normal order, ie. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.
>
> I've done this successfully using the same method with an earlier
> issue of the same newsletter (ie. same document setup, different
> content) but using Scribus 1.3.3.13 instead. I had no problems with
> page ordering then.
>
> Am I missing something this time around, or is this broken on 1.3.7
> please?
>
> Regards,
> Julian
>
> --
> Julian Haines

Here is the easy way. Save the file in normal order as a postscript
file. Then use PSUtils programs to set up the book for printing as a
booklet. Here is my script for imposing 8.5 x 11 on 11 x17 in booklet
form. The script is called as
scripta foo
for a file named foo.ps
--------------------------------------
psbook $1.ps $1b.ps
echo 'psnup'
psnup -2 -ptabloid -Pletter $1b.ps $1p.ps
echo 'psselect'
psselect -o   $1p.ps $1o.ps
psselect -e -r  $1p.ps $1e.ps
#lpr $1o.ps
#echo 'switch paper'
#read x
#lpr $1e.ps
#rm $1p.ps $1e.ps $1o.ps $1b.ps
This is set up for Linux and my  particular laser printer.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press