[scribus] scribus install on Tiger 10.4.11

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Sep 24 07:53:32 CEST 2010

hi patrick,

>    Subject: scribus install on Tiger 10.4.11
>    Message:
> Wow, I finally found and downloaded scribus-1.3.3.14, I guess this is
> what I need for Tiger OS, I got the Fink download finally, I picked
> the scribus option in the Fink Commander list, picked install
> packages from source in the Fink Commander, it said I had install
> files and status is "Current" I have no idea what to do now. Where is
> the program? I've tried clicking on several things in the
> scribus-1.3.3.14 folder, nothing works? Any ideas?

for tiger, it is recommended to install scribus 1.3.8 through fink.

you will then have a fink folder among your application and a nice shiny scribus icons which you can pull to the taskbar.

please read the part on os x 10.4 in:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Category:FAQ#How_do_I_get_Scribus_for_OS_X.3F

hth
a.l.e