[scribus] scribus install on Tiger 10.4.11

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Fri Sep 24 11:10:10 CEST 2010

On 9/24/10 1:07 AM, Patrick Edgmon wrote:
[]
> Wow, I finally found and downloaded scribus-1.3.3.14, I guess this is
> what I need for Tiger OS, I got the Fink download finally, I picked the
> scribus option in the Fink Commander list, picked install packages from
> source in the Fink Commander, it said I had install files and status is
> "Current"
> I have no idea what to do now. Where is the program? I've tried clicking
> on several things in the scribus-1.3.3.14 folder, nothing works?

If you installed scribus-aqua-1.3.3.14, then there is a Scribus.app in
/Applications/Fink, and you start it as usual by clicking on it.

If you installed scribus-1.3.3.14, you start it from the command line:
Open a Terminal window from /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app, and at
the prompt, type "scribus", followed by Return. Oh, and on MacOSX 10.4,
you first have to start X11.app which also sits in /Applications/Utilities.

--
Martin