[scribus] Thanx for replies to `I FINALLY MADE THE PLUNGE"

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 03:46:15 CEST 2010

On 09/20/2010 02:18 PM, Robert Marma wrote:

> So I'll try to install Ghostscript and Scribus in openSUSE--as I have on my
> Windows systems--and play around with it a little.  Although I haven't done much
> with it lately, I hope to use Scribus to produce a bi-monthly newsletter for a
> ministry.  I already use it for personal projects, such as laying out greeting
> cards for family members.  Yes, I realize that this is overkill, but Scribus
> DOES produce a great-looking card, AND it exports beautiful PDFs for printing.
> Lately, I've actually begun attaching ScribusPDF output files to emails and
> delivering them that way, especially since the cost of ink-jet cartridges for my
> HP 970 CSE printer has skyrocketed, and I'm retired and living on a fixed
> income.

I'm glad you decided to stick with what you have. There is nothing wrong
with OpenSUSE, and there will be help from other OpenSUSE users when you
need it.

There's also plenty of help when you get ready to try your hand at
compiling. Once you get all of the various required components, it's
easy, and updating and recompiling becomes almost an automatic process.

Greg