[scribus] Printing two pages across?

Jim Ford jaford at watford53.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Sep 20 22:23:06 CEST 2010

I want to produce a test book of 18 pages on an A4 Epson inkjet printer.
It's a children's illustrated book, and because it will have some
illustrations as two page spreads, there will be no margins.

I will tackle imposition by stapling the right number of pages together
using scrap paper, and then numbering and drawing rough illustrations to
identify the pages, before taking it apart to produce patterns for
printing. This is the only way I can get my head round this step!

Can anyone, who's probably tackled this themselves, think of a printing
'workflow', to produce the double width pages correctly printed such
that the double page spread illustrations match up neatly. Ideally, this
could be done by getting Adobe Reader to print two pages at a time
without a gap between them, but it doesn't appear that this can be done
- but maybe there's another PDF printing application that can do this?

I'd be most grateful for any help at all in this matter!

Jim