[scribus] FINALLY MADE THE PLUNGE TO LINUX!/installing applications

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Sep 20 04:29:15 CEST 2010

On 09/19/2010 05:52 PM, Carl Symons wrote:
> It is possible to install most Linux apps without using repositories.
> If you decide to go this route, you will learn a lot very quickly. It
> may not be the smoothest ride however.

As another Linux geek, let me assure you that your best bet is using
your distro's repositories whenever possible.  Everything's been
customized to go in the right places for your system and you won't find
yourself in dependency hell.  I'd like to wish you the best of luck,
both with Linux in general and in finding and installing all the apps
you need.