[scribus] CMS

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Fri Oct 29 12:10:07 CEST 2010

> I'm still not sure, whether I might go back to use OOdraw, because some
> tasks are just easier to do, but for ColorManagement-reasons,
> pdf-possibilities, accuracy and so on I hope I can do it with Sribus in
> the end.

What are the reasons for needing CMS? Color Management is hard to get good.

You might be better off using CMYK colors and defining colors by
numbers (to get them printed right), then it doesn't matter how they
look on screen.
That's the way Pantone (and similar) colors have been used for a long time.

Also, Scribus isn't exactly a replacement for OO Draw, maybe you
should have a look at Inkscape too.

/Peter