[scribus] CMS

Nikita Sagl nikita.s at gmx.at
Fri Oct 29 10:34:32 CEST 2010

Hello,

Using: Scribus 1.3.3.13svn on Ubuntu 10.04

my name is Nikita, I live in Austria Vienna and as i'm finding my own
business at the moment, with a children's learning game, I have to
design lots of working-cards.
I used OpenOffice Draw for doing this before, when I still stood in
class, but as now i want to create it more "professional", and will have
the cards printed by a printing company, i started to learn handling
scribus.

I'm still not sure, whether I might go back to use OOdraw, because some
tasks are just easier to do, but for ColorManagement-reasons,
pdf-possibilities, accuracy and so on I hope I can do it with Sribus in
the end.

Now my first question to you:
I have activated CMS Desktopwide using the "Gnome color manager", which
seems to work pretty well. And I have calibrated the monitor using a
spyder2express with argyll.
Now: When i have already activated CM for my Desktop using "Gnome color
manager", is it then necessary to activate CM in scribus, gimp,
digikam,... or is it contraproductive, because it would do a second
color correction on the already corrected graphiccard-output, giving me
wrong colors in the end?

Thanks for your response,
Nikita Sagl